Sunday, February 3, 2013

Valentine Candy Bars



Last month Facebook was swamped with posts about Creative Pay It Forward for 2013.  The premise was that someone would post on their blog that in 2013 they would make something homemade for the first 5 people to make a comment on their post. Those 5 people then would in turn make something as well.  I decided to give this a try but in my own way.
 
So here goes....Julie's Creative Pay It Forward
I decided that instead of making something for the first 5 people to respond to my post, I would choose  people who I felt could use a pick me up through out the year.  Who needs a little homemade love more than college students so I chose 10 (it is now 12 students: 5 guys and 7 girls).
These candy bars are actually the second project I have made for them.  The first was bags of snacks with some spending money for a group of 6 students who attended the March For Life in Washington DC in January.
 
These candy bars are Valentine treats but I sent them early since a few of the students are Catholic and lent starts before Valentines Day this year.  I was afraid one of them would give up chocolate for lent and then they would have to be tempted by a rather large candy bar for 6 weeks.


3 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

They are brilliant Ginny X

Ruthie said...

What a lovely idea Julie! x

Unknown said...

Sweet treats Julie, love 'm. Hugs Frea