Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Tardis Birthday Card


Yesterday, my oldest son celebrated his birthday. 
He is a big Dr. Who fan so I decided to make him the Tardis for his card. 
I created the basic card shape using the george Cricut cartridge and the Cricut Craft Room design software.  Once that was done, I found pictures online to use for the sign on the door and the Police Box tag on the top.  The rest of the card is just layered and inked squares and rectangles.  I did have a bit of a challenge for the light on top but I ended up using one of the 7 Dwarfs lanterns for the happily Ever After Cricut cartridge.


Pin It

Entered in following challenges:
Craft-room challenge:  Something for a man
Tuesday Throwdown:  Monochromatic

7 comments:

craft-roomjulia said...

Oh wow, this is so wonderfully creative, and I'm sure your son must have loved this. Thanks so much for joining in at Craft Room Challenge and good luck with the draw. Julia xxxx

crafty-stamper said...

Brilliant Tardis what not to like-thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown
Carol DT x

Margaret said...

How creative. You have made a perfect card for a Dr. Who fan. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown for this challenge.
Margaret, DT

Crafty Moni said...

Love, love, love it! Big Dr. Who fan:) Great job, I know your son is going to love it:)

Peace, Love, & Cricut Hugs!
Monica L.

Maria said...

Wow, what a fantastic card! I love this, and I'm sure your son did too! Thanks for joining in with our "For A Man" theme over at the Craft-Room.

Maria x

Peanut said...

Oh how clever! I'm Dr Who fan and this is just brilliant! Thanks for entering our Monochromatic challenge. It's been a pleasure to see your creation. Please come back next week and show us more! …x
Asha - Tuesday Throwdown DT
Sunny Summer Crafts

Nikki Byrne said...

Brilliant Tardis card, perfect for a male and me of course as I am a big DR Who fan!! Thank you for sharing with us this fortnight at Craft-Room Challenge and good luck, hugs

NIKKI DT