Sunday, February 24, 2013

Girl On Fire

 
Today's card is a birthday card for a lovely young lady who is turning 13.  She love the Hunger Games books so I couldn't resist using Katniss, Girl on Fire, from Sassy Studio Designs
I wanted her dress to look like it was on fire, just like in the book and the movie.  I colored it in reds, oranges and yellows and then painted the entire dress with extreme glitter paint.  I added some stickles too for a little extra glitter.  I hope all the glitter is evident in the picture.
The bow and arrow are from the Sweethearts Cricut cartridge.  The bow looks a little like a scrolly letter B which is just perfect since the young lady's name who is celebrating her birthday begins with B.
I love the pattern paper for this project.  I have had it for years and never really liked it but it is perfect for this card.  The orange paper actually looks a little like fire.
 
Inside of card:

Project Details:
Image:  Katniss, Girl on Fire from Sassy Studio Designs
Bow and arrow:  Sweethearts Cricut cartridge cut at 1.75 and 2 inches
Spellbinders scalloped circle and circle dies
Copics:  E00, E11, E21, E35, e27, E25, YR24, E51, E29, E53, E97, W1, W3, R27, R24, Y21, YR18, YR65, Y23
 
Entered in following challenges:
Dare To Be Sassy Thursday:  Use real or faux stitching
Joanna Sheen Challenge:  Layer it Up
CMC Copic challenge: Girly and feminine (orange and yellow may not be typical "girly" colors but Katniss is very feminine and maybe even a feminist
My Time to Craft:  Song or Film Inspired (Hunger Games)
 


Pin It

11 comments:

Choccy said...

What an adorable creation for a 'new' teenager.. Very grown up looking yet still fun and funky :O)
Thanks for sharing with us at One Stitch At A Time this week. Hope to see you back with us again

Choccy x

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Stunning card Ginny x

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Stunning creation, love the colours you have used!

Thank you for sharing with us at My Time To Craft this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Kate said...

She looks awesome.

thecraftycavalier said...

Beautiful card! I love the fab image and the hot and funky colours. Thank you for sharing it with us at the Joanna Sheen Challenge Blog, hugs, Jayne x

Crafting Vicky said...

What a gorgeous creation. I really love the sentiment that you have added inside just perfect for a hunger game fan!

Thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week. Hope to see you again next week. DT Crafting Vicky

Kathy said...

How pretty Julie. Fab coloring and love the bow and arrow die cut. Looks amazing. Thanks so much for joining us at SSD this week for our stitch it up challenge.

Kathy said...

How pretty Julie. Fab coloring and love the bow and arrow die cut. Looks amazing. Thanks so much for joining us at SSD this week for our stitch it up challenge.

stampingtink said...

I'll bet she loves this card! One of my favorite images and I love how you did her dress! Thanks for playing along over at Dare to Be Sassy Thursday and I hope you'll join us again!

Susan, SSD DT

Shannon83k said...

What a great hunger games card! Thanks so much for participating in CMC challenge. DT Shannon

Karen C said...

This is wonderful! Love the papers! So glad you joined us at One Stitch At A Time's 'Use A Digi' challenge this week!
I have blog candy!! check it out at www.busybusyhoneybee.wordpress.com
Hugs,
Karen C