Saturday, January 10, 2015

Blue Christmas Card




The challenge this week at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown is to use shades of blue.  It's bitter cold here so I decided to make a wintery Christmas card.  I reached deep in to my craft supply stash and found the Cray Pas (oil pastels) that I have had since college.  I used a mixture of two shades of blue to make the background around the image.  I left it kind of streaky but gives it a blustery winter look.  In order to do the background, I printed out a duplicate image and bubble cut around it to create a mask.  I then applied a good layer of the blue around the edge of the masked image.  I used a tissue and then rubbed the oil pastels outward. A little bit of white embossing enamel completed the wintery look for the image.

Here is the inside of the card:

Card Details:
Image: Wish Upon A Star from Sugar Nellie
Copics: E00, E04, E11, e13, e21, R20, E57, E35, E53, E50, B000, B00, W0, W1, W3
Spellbinders scalloped circle die
Spellbinders snowflake die
Joy Crafts snow flake border die
Cray Pas oil pastels
Sketch: Sketchy Colors

Entered in following challenges:
Crafts for Eternity: blue tones


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Julie, this is so beautiful! The little angel is adorable, and I love your colouring treatment with the pastels and the enameling - it's wonderful! Gill xx

Fabiola said...

quelle adorable création Julie, le bleu lui donne cet aspect frais parfait pour l'hiver, c'est charmant, biz

Jacqueline said...

What a beautiful card - gorgeous image too - Jacqueline xx

Nancy said...

This is stunning, and I love blue for Christmas! Beautiful papers, super cute image and your colouring is fab. Love how you make her glow with the background.
Thank you for joining Sketchy Colors, good luck!
Smiles from Nancy:)

Zetti said...

Wow, fab card!
Thanks for joining us at the Fairy Tale Challenge.

Andrea :-)

Patricia Hays said...

You definitely captured a snowy essence with this card! I love the background!

Milka said...

Gorgeous card! I like it a lot! :-D
Thank you so much for joining us at Fairy Tale Challenge this fortnight. :-D
Milka GD

michele said...

Fabulous card! Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

Bianca said...

What a wonderfull card! It´s so pritty and really elegant like a snowflake! Thank you for joining our "Snow" challenge at Fairy Tales. Bianca XX

Danielle Vincent said...

Pure sweetness combined with a fabulous design. LOVE this Julie! Hugs D

Tanja said...

the image, your coloring and the layers you created in the background are so lovely