Thursday, January 8, 2015

60th Birthday



The new challenge at Scrapbooker PhD is to create a card for a guy. 
My brother-in-law will be celebrating his 60th birthday at the end of this month.  
He loves going to auctions and estate sales and seems to buy lots of old vehicles so this card is perfect for him.  It was my husband's idea to make the tires flat.  The colors are a little off in the picture though.

Here is the inside of the card. 
I created the sentiment myself in word.  I keep a small tire from an old toy truck to make the tire tracks.  I simply rolled it on my ink pad.  I like to keep small items like that in my daycare art supplies for the kids to use when they paint.
I hope you join us in the challenge.  We have a fabulous sponsor and the prize is for a handmade dust cover for a die cut machine.  I know I could use a couple of those.
Card Details:
Truck: Just Because Cricut cartridge cut at 5 inches
Grass: Pooh and Friends cricut cartridge cut at .75 inches
Scalloped circle: Spellbinders
#60: Base Camp Cricut cartridge cut at 2 inches

Entered in following challenges:
Incy Wincy Designs: Use A Number
Paper Take Weekly: Anything Goes
Bitten By the Bug2: Use Your Favorite Cricut Cut (is there such a thing? too hard to choose just one but I do like this truck for guy cards)
Through The Purple Haze: Anything Goes

9 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Fabulous card inside and out Ginny x

Unknown said...

The layers on this card are so thoughtfully put together and the inside is such a perfect finishing touch. The tyre tracks is such a clever idea too xx

Alljazzed2create said...

Fabulous card.. Thanks for sharing your card at Incy Wincy...

DT Pam

butterfly dream cards said...

Super mans card with the car...

Fiona DT
TTPH

Caroline said...

How perfect is this card for your brother in law!! Cute idea using the truck and making the tires flat. Someone else's junk is someone else's treasure, right? I love your card! Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.

DIANA L. said...

This is really cool!! I love it.
Thank you for entering THE Bitten by the Bug 2, with the theme “Fave cartridge” for this challenge. Have a blessed day
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

Linda in Sweden said...

Love your card, its classy and funny at the same time :)

Linda DT
TTPH

Sharon said...

What a wonderful card!!! Love the truck!! And what a great idea for the tire tracks. Thank you so very much for joining our 'Favorite Cricut Cut' challenge at BBTB2!!!! :)

Brenda said...

OMGosh, I am so loving this card! Your truck looks great and I love the design of the front of your card. But that sentiment on the inside is just perfect and cracks me up! Thanks for joining us at BBTB2 ;-)