Friday, May 20, 2011

Artificial Flower Girl

This card is a little different for me. When I saw the challenge at Sassy Cheryl's, I just knew I had to give it a try. I have never tried printing a digi image onto kraft paper before but, you know me, I love a good challenge! Anyway, it was challenging. It was difficult to find the right colors but overall, I like how it turned out. That being said, I think I'll stick to my white paper.

Card Details:
Image: Artificial flower Girl from Sassy Cheryl's
Copics: E00, E33, E35, E37, Y21, YR23, G07, B95, B97, R27 and a white gelly roll pen
Tumbled Glass distress ink
Martha Stewart border punch and branch punch

13 comments:

Misty Olsen said...

Morning Julie,

Your card came out soooo nice!!!I just love it :o) I can't wait to try it myself..TFS!!!

June Houck said...

This is so cute! I love how the daisy just POPs with white on the kraft card stock. Nice job!

Sandy O said...

What a cute image. The paper is perfect. I love the greenage (is that a word, lol) you used with the flower.

Sassy Cheryl said...

Ok, I'm just loving it, Julie! I love the way it turned out. It's lovely.
Now you have two kinds of paper to create your making cards with.
Thanks for playing in the challenge this week.

Turtle In The Sand said...

Perfection

Pat (mspfd) said...

What a great look!

jkreucher said...

What a fun look to color on the kraft paper.. I love how all the colors really show up.
what a sweet card.
So glad you joined us for the Sassy Cheryl Challenge this week!
Judy

Cynthia said...

This is very sweet!

Cathy said...

Great card!! Don't you love the way the colors look so different on Kraft? Thanks for playing the Sassy Cheryl's Challenge this week!!

Mac & Janetlynne said...

love it

Jeni said...

I love this image on kraft paper and the white accents are fabulous! Lovin' your card. Thanks for joining us at Sassy Cheryls. ~jeni :)

Ann English said...

You did a fabulous job! I would never guess this was your "first"! You know, it never even occurred to me to try coloring with Copics on craft paper---I thought surly the colors would bleed but they look great!
I'm so glad you joined us this week for the Sassy Cheryl's challenge!

Tracy said...

Funny how this is everyones "first" attempt.. I love how the whiteness stands out on the kraft.
Thanks for joining us this week at Sassy Cheryls
Hugs
Tracy