Saturday, March 7, 2015

Winter Is For The Birds


I don't know about you, but I am ready for spring.  I think we are finally on the warm up around here.  This next week the temps will be in the 50's!  So excited to let the kids play for longer periods of time outside.

This is my card for 52 Christmas Card Throw down. If you play along with us each week, you should have plenty of Christmas cards ready without all the stress at holiday time.  That's my plan this year.
This week the challenge is a sketch.  It's a great sketch.  I decided to make a card that I can use as either a Christmas card or as a thank you card for the holidays.

Here's the sketch

Card Details:
Bird Stamp: Peachy Keen Stamps
Sentiment: Peachy Keen Stamps
Ivy: Magnolia Doo Hickey Die
Spellbinders shape dies



9 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

love the sketch and you take on it fabulous card and image Ginny x

Fabiola said...

trop mignon Julie, cet adorable oiseau est trop craquant, biz

~ginny said...

Love this look Julie! The beige and blue is always a favorite of mine! I love the dies you used for the image & mat & the simple leaf & swirl plus the pearls is a perfect embellie in my opinion! BTW - what a great idea to do a Christmas card a week! Wish I had time to join that challenge!
~ginny

Tanja said...

love your cute image and the colors you used

Anonymous said...

Oh Julie, this is adorable! How cute is that little bird?! I love the colours you've used too. Such a pretty card. Hugs, Gill xx

Louise van Vuren said...

He's so cute! I love blue cards for Christmas/winter cards. This is fab.
Louise xx

Patricia Hays said...

What a darling little birdie! :) He looks super in the blue and tan color scheme. Great job, Julie!

Deborah Frings said...

I do like the colours you've used. Pretty background and I adore the cute little bird. Lovely take on the sketch. xx

Paper Lily Leaf said...

Love that cute birdie and the colours are gorgeous too! April Xx