Saturday, December 24, 2011

Happy 16th Birthday Benjamin!!

Today my youngest turns 16!! Where has the time gone?


When I saw this digi image from Make it Crafty, I knew it would be perfect for his card. My oldest son walked in my craft room while I was working on the card and he said, "What, you had someone make this image for you? It looks just like Ben!" It sure does! My shaggy hair totally male young man! He has a nitro remote control truck that he loves to drive around the farm and across the huge dirt pile by our pond.




I used the sketch from Sweet Sketch Wednesday for the card.



Here is a picture of my son with his nitro car. He has gotten a hair cut since this picture was taken. He said it was simply because his hair kept getting in his eyes every time he put his helmet on the ride his dirt bike.

Happy Birthday Benjamin! We love you!!



Card Details:
Image: Racing Rick from Make it Crafty




Copics: E00, E21, E33, E35, E37, E40, E51, E53, E95, G05, G07, G14, B37, b41, B93, B95, B97, C1, C3, C5, C7, C9, R24, R37, R46


Gears: Indie Art Cricut cartridge cut at 1 and 1.5 inches



5 comments:

Genevieve said...

This card is perfect for a 16 year old boy, I'm sure your son will love it. Thanks so much for joining us this week @ Sweet Sketch Wednesday & Merry Christmas :)

Genevieve DT

mulberry station said...

Oh my goodness, this is the perfect card for a young man. I love it. I love the papers and the fun image you have used. Thanks so much for sharing your card with us. Have a wonderful Christmas!
Nancy SSW-DT

Linda Anderson said...

Oh my, this is absolutely fabulous!! Having two boys of my own I am so drawn to masculine images and creations!! Your card is magnificent! Thanks for joining us this week at SSW.

Linda

Jeannie said...

Great card for a teen and so fun! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Sharon Basel said...

This is just a fabulous card Julie and it looks like your son in the picture! I'm sure he loves this card as much as I do. So incredibly clever with the gears and words on the left panel as part of the sketch. I really love this wonderful card! Thanks for playing along with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!
Sharon, SSW-DT