Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas Gift For My Family

DAD IF YOU ARE READING THIS STOP RIGHT NOW AND WAIT UNTIL AFTER WE OPEN GIFTS!!!





This year for Christmas gifts for my family my son and I made a CD of some of my Grandmother's photos. When we moved her out of her apartment and into my parent's house last year, I was the lucky one who got all of her pictures. My son spent several days scanning, editing and labeling most of those pictures for me. We still have many more of the heritage photos to do but that may have to wait until he has some more time to help me. It was so much fun looking at all of her pictures.
I made this mini scrapbook layout of my Grandparents for the cover of the CD case. The tag will be on the outside of the wrapped gift. I am entering this project into the December contest on the Cricut Circle Blog. We were to make a holiday gift using the following guidelines: use a tag from one of the Cricut cartridges, use red somewhere on the project, use ribbon, and use one of the phrases on any of the Cricut cartridges. The photo I used is of my Grandparents. After I cut the swirl, I decided it looked like the letter S which was just perfect for this layout since my grandparents last name is Smith.
Project Details:
Heart: George Cricut cartridge cut at 1.5 inches
Swirl: Christmas Cheer Cricut Cartridge cut at 4 inches
Love: Heritage Cricut cartridge cut at .75 inches
Cameo: Heritage Cricut cartridge cut at 2.5 inches
Tag: Sentimentals Cricut cartridge cut at 3.5 inches
Antique Linen Distress Ink
Flower: paper punch
Martha Stewart border punch

No comments: