Friday, December 18, 2009

Handprint Calendar







Each of my daycare kids made a calendar for their parents for Christmas. I found the calendars at Michaels for $1. The calendars are the 2010 kids art calendars so each month had a cute border and a place to put artwork which was just perfect for this project. I have kids in my care that range in age from 4 months to 4 years so I needed a project that all could do. I used my cricut to make basic shapes for us to embellish using the kid's fingerprints, handprints, footprints or by tracing their arms and hands. The calendars turned out great and I can't wait for the kids to give them to their parents. On the inside cover I attached a poem about kids and their messy fingerprints and footprints. Since their are so many pictures, I will post this project in 3 separate posts so if you want to see each month of the year, scroll down the page.
Jan: Snowflake cut at 7 inches from A Child's Year I put a picture of each child dressed in their winter clothes in the center of the snowflake
Feb: Heart cut at 6.5 inches from Mickey and Friends cartridge. We used our handprints to make the hearts inside
.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

I just stumbled upon your blog, and I must say that I think you are extremely clever! I love all of the things you have made!