Wednesday, June 12, 2013

You've Got The "Write" Stuff

I couldn't resist a little play on words with this card.  I am planning to put it in my stash of care package items for my son.  He is a college student and I love to send him and several of his friends cards and small gifts throughout the year.  I will probably send this during finals week.
 
Ok, now for a little bit of mom bragging...my son just finished his first year at college and came home with straight A's for both semesters!!  He got all his smarts from his mom....hahahaha!  He is spending the summer taking 2 classes plus working 2 jobs.  He is getting trained today to scrub in for surgeries so he can get a little closer when he goes in to observe.  He is planning to go to med school and would like to be a family practioner in a rural area.  Love that kid!
 
Card Details:
Image: Nerd Pencil Boy from Sassy Chery's Stamps
Copics: E00, E11, E21, E30, E31, E50, E51, E53, E55, E59, B97, B95, B93, Y26, Y23, YR20, W0, W1, R20, R22, R24, T1, T4, G40, G85
Star: George Cricut cartridge cut at 2.5 inches
Spellbinders circle and scalloped circle dies
Sketch:  Cards Galore
 
Entered in following challenges:
Sassy Cheryl's:  For A Guy/Boy
Cards Galore: Sketch
Crafty Sentiments:  For A Guy
Paper Take Weekly:  Hello Boys
 

8 comments:

jkreucher said...

WOW! your son is one hard worker, congrats, proud mom!!
Your card is wonderful, he is going to love getting it, and smile at the sentiment! Awesome coloring and love your colors and design!
Thanks for playing along in our Sassy For the Boys challenge this week!
Judy

Céline said...

gorgeous card, love the papers
thanks for playing with us at crafty sentiments
hugs
céline

rachel said...

such a cute image Julie and a fabulous layout too - thanks for joining us at crafty sentiments and good luck xx

Pat said...

Hi Julie!! Wow! Your son is amazing! What an amazing work ethic...you must be so proud of the man your "little boy" is becoming! I love your card...and what a clever sentiment!! I'll bet he will love this!! I'm so glad you've joined us again this week at Sassy Cheryl's! Hugs. Pat Frank

Turtle In The Sand said...

Keep on Bragging Mom. You deserve it. You have raised an amazing son! I love the precision of the patched background on your card. Every time I try something like that I spend hours trying to get my pieces straight. I never achieve perfection and look at yours. You must be a straight A person like your son.

Unknown said...

I LOVE the play on words Julie. . .super clever and of so gorgeous. Oh, and may I just say, I'd be bragging on those straight A's too! WOW!
This will be a perfect card for the care package when he goes back next year. Love it!
Thanks for playing along in the For the Boys challenge this week with the Sassy gals this week.

Ann English said...

Proud Momma...you should be! Beautiful card. I'm so glad you joined us this week for the Sassy Cheryl's challenge and DT call!

Angel-23 said...

Fabulous card, love the image. Thank you for joining cards galore challenge this month.
Hugs Rachael :) xx