Saturday, March 5, 2011

Baby Chicks



I just adore this sweet digi stamp from Mo's Digital Pencil. Isn't this guy just the sweetest? He reminds me of my son when he was little. He always wore his mud boots, rain or shine. We used to hatch chicks every spring and he just loved feeding and playing with the chickies. I am going to enter this into the current challenge at Mo's digital challenge. The theme this week is "Oh Baby" and it is open to our interpretation so I think these baby chicks qualify. I colored the chicks and then added just a little lemon yellow flower soft to give them the soft and fuzzy look of a baby chick. I used the sketch from The Sweet Stop.


Card Details:

Digi Stamp: Chickies from Mo's Digital Pencil

Card Sketch: The Sweet Stop

Copics: E00, E21, W1, W3, C1, C3, C5, Y00, YR02, YR20, e30, E31, E50, E51, E33, E40, G21, G5, B93, B95, B97

Baby Chick: Easter Cricut cartridge cut at 1 inch

7 comments:

Elaine L. said...

This is a sweet image, and I love the sentiment you've paired with it! The yellow, blue, and white looks so crisp and clean. Glad you joined us in Mo's Challenge.

Unknown said...

Oh he is cute!!!! good job!!!

Lori said...

That image is darling and sounds like it brings back good memories to you!!! Fantastic card!!

Pat said...

Hi Julie...how have you been sweetie? I have this feeling that you've changed your blog since I last visited...or am I just making that up in my own little mind? I have to tell you, girlfriend, this card ROCKS!! I love this little guy...and he's so dang cute in his little blue overalls feeding the baby chicks! Your DPs are perfect...and your coloring is so soft and pretty!! Love those fluffy chicks too. Great idea...I'll probably be stealing that from you! :-) I'm so delighted that you've joined us this week at Mo's. Hugs. Pat Frank

Dawn Easton said...

Julie, this is so stinkin' cute! GREAT soft colours and adorable image!!

Dori Shelton said...

It is a beautiful card! I love the soft delicate colors you used and the image is soooo precious!!

Dawn B. said...

Awww baby chicks sure do qualify.. Love this. This is so sweet.. You did a terrific job. Thanks for joining us at Mo's this week..