Sunday, April 2, 2017

Happy Birthday Card



This is my DT card for Addicted To Stamps.  The challenge theme is to use a stamped image and stamped sentiment.
I searched my stash of rubber stamps and decided to use this darling called Tweet Talk from Penny Black.  Isn't she sweet?
I tried something different with this card. instead of just attaching the heart doily to the card, I decided to cut it directly from my card base.  I ran it through my big shot with the edge of the die just slightly over the end of my cutting plate so that it remained attached to the card base. If you want to learn how to create a partial die cut border, there are several videos on Youtube that will show you the technique.
The gorgeous set of papers I used for this card are from Bo Bunny's Butterfly Kisses Collection.

Card Details:
Stamp: Tweet Talk from Penny Black
Copics
Diamond Dust Stickles
Martha Stewart Branch punch
Martha Stewart butterfly punches
La La Land heart Doily die
Gina Marie Pleated Circle die
Happy Birthday Stamp

Entered in following challenges:
Stamping Sensations: Anything Goes
2 Crafty Critter Crazies: Must use a critter
Crafts and Me: Things with wings

11 comments:

Veerle said...

Beautiful card Julie and very colourful. Love the butterflies on the inside.
Hugs Veerle

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Fabulous card beautiful image Ginny x
My Blog As I do Rodos

Marlies said...

A gorgeous card Julie. Such a sweet and aroable PB stamp. Lovely papers and I lke the circle die with all the little hearts. hugs, Marlies

bolletjelucky.blogspot.com said...

Beautiful and very sweet is your card Julie. I love the sweet image with the soft pastel tones. Great coloringjob.
Greetings Miranda

marion said...

loving the vintage feel of this card and the lovely image, thank you so much for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends anything goes challenge and good luck, hugs, Marion

brenda said...

A really pretty bright and welcoming creation using the sweet PB image, many thanks for joining in with our Stamping Sensations April challenge.

B x

NanaConnie said...

Beautiful birthday card for a young girl, Julie, and I adore the image with that little girl and her birdie! I'm just tickled to pieces that you are supporting our new 'critter' challenge at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies and I hope you'll become a regular. Thank you. :-D
NanaConnie DT

Tracy said...

Such a sweet card, and an adorable image. Thanks for joining Stamping sensations. Good Luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Teresa Arsenault said...

Super pretty card, Julie. I love that image and the inside is as nice as the outside. Thank you for joining our first challenge at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies. Hugs, Teresa

Lynne K said...

This is so very pretty, Julie, and I love how you've decorated the inside too. Thank you for sharing it with us at Stamping Sensations.

Lynne

Helen said...

Great card - thanks for sharing it with us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends.

We hope you will join us again for our new challenge which started today.

Helen x
(DT for Lil Patch of Crafty Friends)