Tuesday, June 30, 2015

The Ugly Hamper

I took some time away from my paper crafting to finish this DIY project, the ugly hamper.  My husband is a hard working guy and he gets very dirty.  I don't want his dirty work clothes mixed with my clothes so he has been using this ugly hamper for years.  I have searched and searched but have been unable to find another hamper that is large enough and sturdy enough to hold his work clothes.  I finally just accepted the fact that the ugly hamper was here to stay.

Here is what it looked like


I hate to be critical but it was hideous! There was a sticker tag on the inside of the lid but I couldn't tell what year it was made.  I am guessing is is 50-60 years old. I am sure housewives back in the 50's and 60's thought this was just the nicest hamper.



I decided to paint it to match our bathroom.  The tile is tan, brown, blue and gray so I chose to paint the hamper tan and blue.

Here is the finished hamper.  It's still ugly but at least it matches the decor better.


1 comment: