Saturday, February 7, 2015

Snowflake Card


The challenge this week at 52 Christmas Card Throw down is to follow the sketch.


  I went to a Stampin Up card making party a year ago. 
One of the cards we were to make was using the swing card die.  I cut the basic shape for the card, stamped the snowflake and cut the silver glitter paper behind the snowflake and had a strip of the pattern paper but never assembled the card.  I found it in my bin of unfinished projects while cleaning my craft room and realized it matched this sketch perfectly.  I had ordered some Stampin Up paper in December that just happened to match fairly close so I was able to complete the card with a few additions.  I added the die cut tag for the sentiment, the bling and the pattern paper with the silver dots. The snowflake gem is from the dollar spot.
Here is a pic of the card opened up.  I added a layer of silver card stock under the white so I have a place to add an additonal sentiment and sign the card. 




6 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Fabulous card design Ginny x

Deborah Frings said...

Oh wow - this is so elegant! I do like the aqua and silver colours. So nice to seeing a moving card too! Great work. xx

Louise van Vuren said...

Hey, we both finished I completed projects for this one, just love when that happens, it justifies my 'never throw anything away' attitude! Looks fab and its a very impressive card construction.
Louise xx

Patricia Hays said...

What a fortunate find for you! The swing element adds a fun touch to the sketch. Nicely done! :)

Danielle Vincent said...

Oh Wow this is gorgeous!! I have that die but keep forgetting to get it out and use it. Thanks for the very gorgeous inspiration to do so!! Hugs D

Anonymous said...

A brilliant take on the sketch! Love the swing card - you did a great job. Hugs, Gill xx