Thursday, November 14, 2013

Sliver and Blue Snowman


I love snowmen and I think the face on this guy is just so cute. 
I wanted to make his scarf and hat look silvery so I first colored them
with T1, T4 copics and then painted with extreme glitter paint.  I love
the way it turn out.  I stamped and embossed around the edge and then
got out my Snow Tex to add some snow to the ground, when I opened the
jar, I discovered it was all dried up.  I must not have put the lid on tight.
Anyway, I added water to the jar to see if I could "revive" it and thank goodness
that worked!  The snowflakes were cut out of this fabulous silver cardstock I found
at Michael's.  It was a little pricey but it cuts beautifully with the spellbinders dies.
 
 
Card Details:
Copics: T1, T4, B41, B91, B29, BG10, BG70
Spellbinders snowflakes dies
Cuttlebug snow embossing folder
Sentiment from Netty's stamps
 
Entered in following challenges:
Diva's by Design: Something Snowy
ABC Christmas: Winter Wishes
Stamp n Doodle: Snowmen



5 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

stunning card Julie love the embossing Ginny♥

Janice said...

Lovin that sonwman & his super tall hat! What a brilliant image and card to share with us at Diva's this week, Jx

Jayne A said...

Gorgeous card. Thanks for joining us at Diva's
Hugs
Jayne

Anne-Marie said...

What an absolutely gorgeous card, I would be so proud of what you have achieved.

Thank you for sharing it with us at Stamp 'n' Doodle.

Anne-Marie x x

Carissa said...

Wonderful Winter Wishes! Thank you for playing along with the ABC Christmas Challenge.
Carissa