Monday, July 1, 2013

Christmas Angel

 
Another card to add to my Christmas card box. My box is slowly getting filled up for the holidays.  My plan is to have all my cards made, envelopes addressed and cards mailed by Dec 1st. 
For this card, I played around will embossing powder and a snowflake border stamp. After stamping the angel, I stamped around the edges of the paper with embossing ink.  I love how it turned out.  The die cut snowflakes were cut using the Christmas Noel Cricut cartridge.  I then embossed them with the same embossing powder.  After I was done stamping and coloring, I remembered I had this fabulous snowflake ribbon in my stash and it works perfectly with the embossed snowflakes.  I also painted Tildas halo, wings, dress and star wand with extreme glitter paint.  I love the overall effect and will have a hard time giving this card away.
 
Card Details:
Stamp: Halo Tilda from the Sweet Dreams Magnolia Stamps collection
Snowflake border stamp:  Inkadinkadoo
Copics:  B97, E00, E11, E21, E50, E51, E53, E55, E57, E40, E41, E42, E43, W3, W1, W0
Snowflakes: Christmas Noel Cricut cartridge cut at 1, 2 and 2.25 inches
Circle Sentiment:  Netty's Stamps
 
Entered in following challenges:
Challenges for Everybody:  Anything Goes
Pile It On: Bling
Ribbon Girls:  2 backing papers
The Squirrel and The Fox: Christmas In July
Crafty Cardmakers:  Holiday (We have been having temps in 90's so my holiday would be some snow)
Stamp and Create: Christmas in July


9 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Beautiful monochrome card great embellishments Ginny x

Elizabeth Hart said...

She is so sweet!! Thanks so much for sharing this cute card with us this week at the Pile it On Challenge.

Unknown said...

this is so sweet Julie, love this Christmas card. Hugs Frea

Unknown said...

Absolutely darling! This is a great angelic creation with the soft feel and snowflakes! Thanks for joining us over at The Squirrel and The Fox.

Lin said...

I'll swap you my freezing bungalow for your 90 degree heat!!! LOL

Cute card, and an unusual take on a holiday theme.

Thanks for sharing with us

Lin xx
Crafty Cardmakers

Suze Bain said...

Lol, I know what you mean about giving away cards you really like. This one is gorgeous. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers. Xx

Josephine said...

A beautiful Christmas card.

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers.

Cards By MI said...

Stunning Christmas card with one of my fave Tildas.Love the colours you have chosen as well. Thanks for playing with us over at CCM this time.
Love n hugs
Marie

Deanne Saunders said...

Sweet card! Thanks so much for participating in our PILE IT ON challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
~DEANNE~
A Little Bit O' Paper