Tuesday, June 4, 2013

See You Later Alligator

Here is another idea I got from Pintrest.  The one I saw on Pintrest had fewer rhymes and was painted.  You can see it HERE.  I decided to get a bigger frame (11.75x36) so I could have more rhymes.   It was fun finding all of the rhymes for the animals. 
 
There are lots more out there such as:
 
 See You Soon Raccoon or Baboon
So Long King Kong
Make Your Escape Great Ape
Adieu Cockatoo
Better Swish Jelly fish
Hit The Road Happy Toad
Can't Stay Blue Jay
Time To Scoot Little Newt
Til Then Penquin
Adios Hippos
Hasta Manana Iquana
To Your House Quiet Mouse
On The Bus Octopus
In An Hour Sunflower
Chop Chop Lollipop
 
Can you think of more?
 
All of the lettering and animals were cut out of vinyl using my Cricut.  My original intention was to put the vinyl on the glass and then remove the backing.  When I took off the back and paper insert, I discovered that the backside of the cardboard insert was black.  I liked that for the background so decided to place the vinyl cuts directly on to that.  It is a good thing too because I discovered the glass had a flaw and broke.  Thank goodness I am married to a carpenter.  He was able to cut me a new piece of glass.   I am a little disappointed that the brown and dark green vinyl is hard to see in the picture but it looks great on the wall.  This will be hung by the door where my daycare kids come and go.
 
Project Details:
Lettering:  Printing 101 and Base Camp Cricut cartridges cut at 1 inch
Alligator:  Animal Kingdom Cricut Cartridge
Crocodile:  Everyday Paper Doll Cricut cartridge
Butterfly: Cake Basics Cricut Cartridge
Buffalo:  My World Cricut Cartridge
Cow:  From My Kitchen Cricut Cartridge
Dinosaur:  Paper Doll Dress Up Cricut cartridge
Goldfish: Animal Kingdom Cricut cartridge
Kangaroo:  Everyday Paper Doll Cricut cartridge
Lady Bug:  Just Because Cricut cartridge
Parakeet:  Everyday Paper Doll Cricut cartridge
Polar Bear:  Joys of the Season Cricut cartridge
Poodle:  Paper Pups Cricut cartridge
Rattle snake:  Everyday Paper Dolls Cricut cartridge
Rabbits:  Easter Cricut Cartridge

1 comment:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Wow Julie it is gorgeous Ginny x