Thursday, March 17, 2011

Craft Us Crazy Challenge #4 Cupcakes

It's time for another challenge at Craft Us Crazy. We had lots of wonderful entries in our Nature challenge. Our theme for this challenge is Cupcakes. You can make any type of craft project as long as you stick to the theme. For my project, I decided to make a card. I was given this great cupcake image from Limited Runs to use for my DT project. I printed it out 4 times to make my project (twice on white, once on the red paper and once on the brown). I used the swirls cuttlebug folder to give the brown frosting some dimension. I also cut out and popped the popcorn box and movie tickets for some dimension.

Inside of card:

Our sponsor for this challenge:

Project Details:
Image: Movie Cupcake fromm Limited Runs Digis
Copics: Y00, C1, c3, C5, C7, B93, B95, B97, R59, R46, R37
Cuttlebug swirls embossing folder
Flicks: Nifty Fifties Cricut cart cut at 1.5 inches
Stars: George Cricut cart cut at 1.25, 1.5 and 2 inches

7 comments:

Lori said...

Love your movie cupcake - the embossed frosting is a great idea! Great card!

MaryB said...

This is just so cute. I love the movie cupcake and your attention to detail is wonderful.

Berry said...

I completely love that fiunky cupcake and your design is just perfect hugs Rebekah xx

scrapn_momof2 said...

Adorable. I love the embossing for the swirled frosting. Very clever. Love the colors you chose to use as well.

Nikki said...

Love how you've added in all the demension on your cupcake and the frosting looks so good embossed very sweet indeed :)
Hugs Nikki
Limited Runs
Your also invited to add in your creation in the customers gallery Here

Anonymous said...

what a wonderful card julie! looks like so much work with all the layering and swils. love the popcorn and movietickets.hugs

Sharron aka Sharrahug said...

Such a cute cupcake card, Julie! It's wonderful to see all of the different takes on our cupcakes.
It's lovely to work with you on the CUC DT.
Huggies ~
Sharron♥