Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Birthdays!!

August is full of birthdays for our family. Not only is my birthday today but my mom's is tomorrow, my niece's birthday is the 17th, my father-in-law's on the 15th plus numerous friends have birthdays this month too! I closed my daycare for the day today so I could spend the day doing my favorite things, which yes, does include crafting!! My husband, bless his heart, decided he would take a half day today as well so we could spend the day together. I didn't have the heart to tell him I already had plans and I fear he might be a tad bored if he helped me make cards and scrapbook pages so we are off to the city! My birthday celebration this year is going to be rather unique. I am starting the day just like I did when I was 16...so with my birth certificate, social security card and proof of residence, I am getting my drivers license renewed. Then I am meeting my husband and we are going to spend the next part of my birthday doing something I am sure nobody has ever done before on their birthday, we are purchasing our funeral plots. Yes that's right, our funeral plots! My husband thinks that is the most practical (because we will always need it) and romantic (because we will be together forever) gift! After that we are heading to Shawnee Mission to my favorite scrapbook store and to Olathe to have dinner with my parents.

I do have a project to share with you today. This is a birthday card I made for a special little girl who just turned one! I am thrilled to share my birthday month with her.

The adorable digi stamp is from The Stamping Boutique.
Card details:
Image: birthday bunny from The Stamping Boutique
Copics: R20, RV21, RV000, RV23, R85, B00, B02, YR02, E35, E31, YR00, E50, R59
Ink: CTMH Vineyard Berry
Scalloped Circles: Mini Monogram Cricut cart cut at 1.75
Mat: Songbird Cricut cart cut at 4.25
Border punch: Martha Stewart

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Awww this is the sweetest card ever! The image is yummy and is perfect for a girls 1st birthday!

Crystal said...

Great colouring & I love how you decorated the inside! That lace border punch is fantastic!